Few people like to drive on the highway or in a traffic jam behind a truck pulling a train of thick smelly smoke. Not a single cabin filter will completely save from it. Saturated exhaust fumes are not only an unpleasant smell, but a whole bunch of harmful impurities that slowly kill our respiratory system.
Photo: Jer25y R5014el, f86ckr. com
Blue-gray smoke begins to pour out of the exhaust system when engine oil enters the combustion chamber along with fuel and air.
It gets there through the gaps between the moving pistons and the cylinder walls. These gaps are inevitable during normal wear and tear.
Trucks are known to operate in very harsh conditions. Often two or three drivers work in shifts on the car, and it does not stand idle for an hour. The mileage is estimated in hundreds of thousands of kilometers, and the first problems with engine wear begin after a year or two of intensive operation.
Oil waste is not only environmental pollution, but also the regular costs of oil for topping up - the consumption can reach a liter per hundred kilometers and even more. But if the cylinder-piston group is worn out, then this is not the end of it. One day there will be a knock, and then the car will stop.
Photo: Patrick Wilken, f102ckr. com
Of course, you can pour the best oil and diesel fuel into the motors, check the motor regularly and repair it at the first signs of wear.
Better yet, update the park regularly. But by no means the highest profitability of the logistics business in Russia and the fiercest competition do not allow to spare the equipment. Send the car to the workshop for scheduled maintenance, and your order will be interceptedcolleaguesand you will be left without money.
So it only remainsrolltrucks to the limit, simultaneously leaving cubic meters of poison in the atmosphere? There is a compromise solution: instead of regularly rebuilding the engines, it is more profitable to process the motors with Finnish professional compounds RVSMaster . There is no need to resort to the services of master minders.
It is enough to pour the composition into the oil filler neck and start the engine.
How does it work?
If you greatly increase the rubbing metal surfaces of the pistons and cylinders, you can see that they are by no means even, and consist of a series of protrusions and grooves clogged with particles of metal and decomposed oil ... When the engine is running, the protrusions, bumping against each other, are destroyed with microflashes, which add metal dust to the "cocktail" and destroy the structure of the oil.
Problems grow like a snowball: gaps grow, oil loses its lubricating properties, and wear products only speed up the process.
Additive RVSMaster consists of fine mineral particles as well as a number of additives and process catalysts. Getting into the cylinders, the composition immediately begins its recovery work.
Photo: bangshift. com
First of all, the protrusions on the surface of the rubbing parts grind mineral particles into a fine powder.
Already at this stage, micrometallurgical reactions of a metal with a composition take place - iron atoms are replaced by magnesium atoms, and a cermet surface is formed on top.
However, at the first stage, these reactions occur pointwise. When the composition is ground to the smallest fraction, it flushes out all accumulated impurities from the depressions - decomposed oil and metal particles. If the engine has been badly worn, after treatment with RVSMaster , it is recommended to change the oil so as not to "drive" dirt in the engine.
At the third and fourth stages, the composition reacts with the metal over the entire surface, and gradually the cermet layer fills the formed depressions, leveling the rubbing surfaces.
The layer of the composition is cold-worked in the depressions so tightly that in terms of hardness it is not inferior to the metal with which it reacts. The coefficient of friction between the resulting flat surfaces is lower than even that of the metal parts of the new motor - only 0.003 - 0.007.
:social. }. # 39;]
Photo: Ben Watts, f106ckr. com
What is the result?
- The clearances between the pistons and cylinders are reduced to standard, and the oil stops getting into the combustion chambers. The composition of the exhaust gases is normalized, and you no longer need to spend money on refilling oil.
- The efficiency of the engine increases, and the fuel consumption falls on average from 3 to 20%, depending on wear. For example, operating a truck tractor KamAZ-6460 with an annual mileage of 100 thousand kilometers per year, you can save 1,625 liters of diesel fuel or about 52,000 rubles . The manufacturer's website has a convenient , where you can calculate the savings for any car.
- The minus temperature limit for starting the engine becomes lower. So, for example, in 30-degree frost, diesel KamAZ trucks treated with the RVSMaster composition start without problems, while on cars with heavily worn engines, due to gaps with the cylinder walls, the pistons could not create the required compression ratio to ignite the fuel.
- Carbon dioxide emissions are also reduced by 50-70%. This is especially true for international drivers, since in Europe, exhaust gases are often checked at the border and the increased CO2 content can lead to impressive fines or denial of entry
How did you check?
The technology that allows RVSMaster formulations to restore worn out engines has been laboratory tested in the Czech Republic.
For the tests, a two-cylinder four-stroke aircraft engine with a worn cylinder-piston group was chosen, which required additional fuel suction and tightening of the screw for cold start, and also passed engine oil into the combustion chambers. After a three-hour pause in work at the start, he gave out a cloud of smoke saturated with oil, and the work was accompanied by a metal knock in the cylinder head.
After treatment with RVSMaster Ga-6 ( 1 package) the motor has been running intermittently for 22 hours.
- After half an hour, the knocking in the head disappeared - the gaps between the rubbing parts returned to normal 137>
- The oil stopped getting into the cylinders, and the smokiness decreased
- After 16 hours, the metal sound of the gearbox completely disappeared
- After 22 hours from - due to the reduced friction coefficient, the operating temperature of the oil dropped by 10%
Then the camshaft was removed from the motor and examined using a laser microscope and an interferometer - a device for evaluating the smoothness of surfaces. It sends a light beam to a deliberately perfectly flat mirror and the surface under study, and then compares them according to the reflection pattern of the rays and reveals defects.
The photos show how a new (left), worn (center) and RVSMaster-treated camshaft looks like (right).
Where is this not working?
Sorry, RVSMaster compounds, like any other repair compounds, are not omnipotent.
As we have already said, they react with iron atoms - the main constituent of cast iron.
Meanwhile, now more and more cylinder blocks are cast from aluminum, and with the "winged metal" RVSMaster, alas, does not react. Therefore, it makes sense to use additives on machines with cast iron blocks or aluminum blocks, where the cylinder walls are made of cast iron liners inserted into the body.
Photo: GollyGforce, flickr. com